So....I was reading The Turn of The Screw by Henry James this morning. It's a really creepy and unsettling story, but since I have yet to finish and properly judge it, I won't go into the details. Anyway, I stopped around the halfway-mark and left my house at 3.46pm. When the lift arrived at my level, I instinctively waited for that split second -we all do, naturally- for someone, anyone, to exit the lift before moving in the enter. And as I stepped across the gap that separated my lobby and the lift, I found my face barely 5 centimeters away from another, more wrinkled one. Assuming it to be the apparition from the book that I had been reading just a few moments ago, I gasped (it was closer to a scream than a gasp, really, but for the sake of my dignity, let us refer to it as a gasp). The other entity, startled by my gasp, gasped as well. Then we stared at each other stupidly for what seemed like an eternity, and I entered the lift. Turns out, the "apparition" was an old woman who had pressed the wrong button.
Urghh. UEGHHHHHH. IT WAS SO EMBARRASSING!!!! GEH.
OHYEAH I forgot to mention it yesterday, but I ate at Din Tai Feng for lunch and had dessert at Marble Slab! Following that, my sis and I went to the nearby Lego store and found this treasure!!
It's not very clear in the picture, but what you're looking at is a display made from Lego pieces coupled with a holographic animation!! Basically, the Lego pieces remain where they are, but the hologram adds all these cool effects like explosions or fighting scenes or sprites or whatever!!!! And it's done rather simply too, with just a tv screen and a thick piece of glass!!!!! It seems like technology is evolving without us even realizing it. Speaking of which, I wonder when I'll get to see the traffic police humanoid again. I would definitely take a picture and post it here. :)))
HUH I tried to find it on the internet but I can't find anything related to the robot that I saw on the road!!! What if I had actually witnessed a government conspiracy?? Or a prototype to be used in warfare?!?!?!? HALP.
Anyway, I watched Ghost In the Shell today! That's all I do nowadays, watch shows and read books....:(((( It was a good show!! Somehow, it reminds me of minority report. Too lazy to write out a proper review since I've been doing that for the past 91828neijeoquw2729/! post, so you can just check out the reviews on IMDb (though I would personally advise against it as IMDb is full of rubbish). I rate it 9.1/10, would recommend! But only if you don't mind n3kkid bodies.
My pigeon friends came back! :D Sadly, Scratchy's (the one-legged bird) leg seems to have gotten worse :'( it's all swelled up and gangrenous now!! Get well soon, Scratchy! Toe (the one with bulbous toes) either recovered or chose not to visit today. Well I expect to see them tomorrow!
ok B&B gonna sleep