HALP!!!! I have reached the age where I no longer understand the next generation :(( Especially their lingo. What's up with young people lingo?! Why do people have such a weird way of speaking?!? Please don't use weird words or acronyms like "OTP" or "brofist" or "gg". It took me quite some time to discover the meaning of "OTP" but what the hell do the other two mean?!?!? I understand their literal meaning, but what is the context in which they should be used?! How am I supposed to respond when something like that is thrown at me?!?!?!? I've had a couple of very awkward conversations because of those phrases recently.......and one of them happened today.
So, today after AEP, I was just minding my own business and walking to the atrium when I caught sight of my chubby band junior aka Michelle walking down the art block stairs!!! "HALLO!!" I said, "Did your AEP lesson just end?" She stared at me for a moment, and said IT. The words that could cause even Satan himself to quiver in fear. She opened her mouth, and the words that tumbled out were....."GG liao." "H-huh?????" I cried out. What did she mean?!? "GG liao." She repeated herself. We stared at each other for another moment, and it was as if a crack had appeared in the space-time continuum, throwing us into limbo. I had to do something. "Eheheheheh haha." I said before walking away.
OKAY IT WAS SO SO SO SO DO AWKWARD BECAUSE I DIDNT KNOW WHAT SHE MEANT AND EVEN NOW I STILL DONT!!!!!! IS IT BECAUSE SHES SOCIALLY AWKWARD OR IM SOCIALLY AWKWARD?!? OK HERES ONE MORE INCIDENT:
This happened quite a while ago, but some random guy initiated a conversation with me on Facebook (because I am a potential MISS UNIVERSE AWARD WINNER *weenksweenks*) and we were just talking about stuff.....no wait, HE was talking, I was just agreeing with whatever he said because I didn't particularly want to talk to him. Anyway, he said "I like [i forgot what]" and coincidentally, I also liked [what]! So I replied with "OMG YEAH I LIKE [*???^**] TOO!!" And he said.........he said........."haha *brofist*"!!!!!!! And I just sat there thinking, "WHAT THE?!? OH DEAR GOD PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO REPLY TO THAT!!!" and spent the next 5 minutes wracking my brains for an appropriate answer. In the end what I came up with was...."haha *brofist back*". Indeed, a witty reply to an unintellectual statement, if I may say so myself.
ARGH WHO AM I KIDDING IT WAS AS AWKWARD AS THE MICHELLE SITUATION BUT JUST A LITTLE BETTER BECAUSE WE WERE TALKING ONLINE!!!!! URGHHHH
OKAY EVERYONE!!!! SO THE CONCLUSION IS: DONT SPEAK TO ME IN WHATEVER LINGO IS COOL RIGHT NOW!!!!!! BECAUSE I WONT UNDERSTAND IT!!!!!!