The ticking of the clock becomes all too loud as I strain my ears. Someone is there. I hear him. I see him. But the doors are locked. The windows are closed. How did he enter? All of a sudden, my focus is on a completely different sound. The strangely unmuffled patter of raindrops. Lightning crashes all around me and I try to fuse my very being into the wall. Unsurprisingly, the attempt fails. Sticking to the wall, I made my way to where the sound was coming from. The door to the roof terrace. I distinctly remembered slamming it shut after rescuing Lego, who was trying to take a wee wee in her flooded peetray. But now, it was eerily swinging back and forth in accordance to the howling wind. I turned around just in time to see a dark figure disappear around the corner. Take my soundock, take my iPod, take the TV, just don't kill me, my mind screamed. I nodded and smiled at my dog, but trepidation welled up in my heart. I bravely checked all the rooms except for the storeroom (which is so scary that even a ghost wouldn't go near). No one. Had it just been a figment of my imagination? But then, once again, I heard the footsteps...
How was it? I am writing this while Lying on my bed cuddling Lego. She was so scared that she was shivering. Poor baby Lego. Anyway, imconvinced that there's a strangerrunning around in my house. I tried waking my sister up bu she refuses to. And at first Lego we hiding in the toilet but I put her on my bed anyway, because I felt sorry for her. I wonder if anyone feels this way too.